Start-up Contest 2018
Krypto Labs has set a global challenge to cast light on the importance of technology in the context of education with a focus on leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence to positively impact existing educational ecosystems.
EdTech 2018 will be open to entrepreneurs, startups, R&Ds, university students, and companies from around the world. Applicants should offer an innovative, inventive, or disruptive product/service, which is original, and has scalable commercial applications.
We are interested in applications across different spheres including K-12, High-Ed, Vocational, Lifelong Learning, among others. Applications should impact direct or indirect learners.
EdTech 2018 Entrepreneur Hero (winner of the contest) will receive US$150,000.
EdTech 2018 category star (winner of each of the 6 categories) will each receive US$20,000.
- Curriculum Applications
- Universal Access to Classrooms
- Data Applications
- Lifelong Learning Applications
- Supplemental Applications
- Behavioural Analytics Applications
Online application can be submitted between August 15th, 2018 and October 14th, 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by Krypto Labs board of experts, who will select a maximum of 20 shortlisted entries by November 1st, 2018. From these shortlisted businesses, a jury of global experts in Education technology will select six finalists who will be invited to pitch to EdTech 2018 jury members on the final day event, which will take place in Abu Dhabi on December 12th, 2018.
|August 15, 2018||
|October 14, 2018||
|November 1, 2018||
Top 20 shortlisted selected
|November 25, 2018||
Up to 6 semifinalists Announced
|December 12, 2018||
Up to 6 Semifinalists will pitch their innovative business at Krypto Labs EdTech 2018 final event. A panel of industry experts will select a finalist applicant to be crowned as the EdTech 2018 Entrepreneur Hero to be rewarded US$150,000. The jury will also announce a category start of each of the 6 categories, to receive US$20,000 each.
Award and Benefits
Entrepreneur Hero (Contest Winner) Will
Category Star (Each Category Winner) Will Receive:
|1. Curriculum applications star||US$20,000|
|2. Universal access to classrooms star||US$20,000|
|3. Data applications star||US$20,000|
|4. Lifelong learning application star||US$20,000|
|5. Supplemental applications star||US$20,000|
|6. Behavioural analytics applications star||US$20,000|
All 6 Semifinalist Will
We are interested in applications across different spheres including K-12, High-ed, Vocational, Lifelong Learning, among others. Applications should impact direct or indirect learners. The contest will be open to individuals, teams, university students and companies from around the world.
- It must be categorised as part of the EdTech industry.
- It must have Artificial Intelligence on the forefront or as part of the application.
- Fall within on elf the listed categories.
- It should impact learning or enable better management of the education process.
- It can disrupt or supplement current education settings or ecosystems.
- It must be for-profit.
- It must have commercial applications.
- It must be inventive, innovative or disruptive.
- The business proposal must be original work and applicants must hold all applicable rights.
- It must be submitted in English.
- A team of up to three people, or the individual representing the idea or start--up, must be available to pitch the project in person on December 12, 2018 at Krypto Labs Abu Dhabi.